Friday, November 20, 2009

A Sweater Reincarnated & A Turkey Surprise

Something strange happened after I had Girlfriend.
All my clothes shrank.

It's a sad thing really.
Some of my favorite clothes 
just were not gonna happen ever again.

I was having a hard time letting this one go:
It was cute with jeans...
great with slacks...
fun under a denim jacket...

I tried to wear it one last time, 
but a good friend tells ya when your underwear are showing...
our time together was over...perhaps long overdue.

And yet, there it was...
still in my closet taunting me.

Until I came across this fabulous idea!
And now my beloved sweater lives on!
Cuter than ever upon this bald head.
I am just smitten with that vintage button.
&
that little girl under the button!

Oh, and by the way...
I do have two children...
AJ is just never around to be photographed.
He is busy with maintaining his friendships one day a week at daycare, 
preschool 2 days a week, and speech language therapy.

The other day I caught him in a free moment 
to share a turkey surprise (cookie with a turkey ring) with me after nap time.
It was great.
We reconnected over really bad grocery store neon frosting, sprinkles,
 and plastic turkey jewelry.
I just can't get enough of these two!

3 comments:

Jessaca said...

These are my favorite pics! Where did you get the idea for the hat? She has the best eyes and head shape for a hat...covers up that bald head and poke out ears. Glad to see you love your other child too. I was starting to wonder. He of course holds a special place in my heart. His expressions are priceless. I love that he's so used to you taking pictures now that he just ignores you. :P

Jade Staab, jadestaabnails@hotmail.com said...

I love the hat!! Really how do you do it! I seem to never have enough time. Maybe with Cooper sleeping better I will get to craft again (and blog)!

Liz Mays said...

The hat is the absolute cutest! What a great idea!!! I love the turkey treat too!