Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Journey


First, you need to understand why there are not any chairs around my kitchen table...

If you were thinking...maybe I was sweeping and mopping...
good guess...
but I have come to really dislike housework...
&
pretty much avoid it or put it off as long as possible...
so cleaning has nothing to do with it...
good thinking though.

Girlfriend had a rough night last night.
She developed a runny nose yesterday which evolved into a very cranky, just want to be snuggled baby girl.
After going to bed a couple different times, she was finally out for the night...
but she woke up with a very snot crusted head & a major diaper blow out.
(just not her morning)
So...
she ended up in an unplanned emergency bath
Thus...
giving AJ enough free, unsupervised time to turn our living room into a train depot.
Apparently the exercise ball is not really an exercise ball, but really a funnel for steam.
(glad to know that now)
So here we are back under the chairless table...

I was across the room in the kitchen and said, 
"Hey Girlfriend, come to momma!"

She just stared at me.
"Come on baby girl!  Come to momma!"
She just said, "DaDaDaDaDaDa!"
(Ha!  You're suppose to be saying momma & crawling into my arms now little girl.)
I know what will getcha!
Ha!  Works every time!
(so what if she says DaDaDaDaDaDa...mom is the one with the Banana Little Puffs.)
That's what I'm talking about.
Let's get this party started!







3 comments:

Jessaca said...

This is my all-time favorite post! What an imagination AJ has!

Liz Mays said...

lol, the snack trick really did work!

Unknown said...

She is such a cutie!!

I hope she feels better soon.

And that's quite possibly the coolest train that I've ever seen!