Thursday, November 12, 2009

An Impossible Favor

Dear Andy, 

Um...
I'm off to make rum balls with the girls.
Will you please keep the kids and dogs out of the kitchen while I'm gone?
I'm kinda in the middle of something.
Thanks!

Rum Balls

Ingredients:
2 Tablespoons cocoa
1 cup powder sugar
2 Tablespoons corn starch
1/2 cup pecans crushed
2 & 1/2 cups ground vanilla wafers
1/3 cup rum
1/2 cup sugar for coating

Directions:
Mix dry ingredients.  Add rum.  Mix till doughy.  Form into balls.  Roll in sugar to coat.  Store in airtight container at least 5 days to let flavors mingle.  The longer you wait, the better they taste!  

So these babies should be perfect around Thanksgiving!
(if they make it that long)

2 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I made those once in high school and we added extra rum because we thought it was funny and gave them to our principal. I suppose we thought we'd get him drunk, lol

Jessaca said...

Holy crap (insert worse expletive)! Love love love the quilt. I wish upon the brightest star in the galaxy that it was mine all mine. I can't believe having seen the fabric in person and now seeing a picture of the quilt, how fabulous it has turned out. You have such an eye!
I'm going to pass on the rum balls. Had them in high school, and I don't remember liking them much.