Sunday, November 8, 2009

My New Mantra:


I am kinda holding my breath...
(nervous to take the plunge)

& kinda feel like I'm gonna throw up...

Before I kinda felt like a poser only making my quilt top.

So after much intense deliberation,
I decided to machine quilt my quilt tops this time.

Now I just feel scared....
& nauseous.
I practiced today on a table runner with scraps from my first quilt...top.
But you see, with my very basic not fancy machine & novice skill level...
I can only quilt stitch in a ditch...& a bunch of in between lines...
Haven't even tried binding yet.  Pray for me.

In other news:
AJ intentionally peed on our shower curtain today in. pure. defiance.
&
Abby chipped her baby tooth teething on our coffee table.

(Don't worry, I'm in full control around here.)

Yesterday I didn't really look out the back window to see AJ dancing barefoot on our glass patio table...
& I didn't have to drag him inside kicking and screaming refusing to follow directions to get off the table...
that might be a sign of a chaotic, out of control household...& that never happens around here.
: )
3 weeks off-track: Game On!

4 comments:

Jessaca said...

Be brave! You can do it! And enjoy, um, your time off? I'm sure you'll be super mom to the rescue and bring things to order.

Liz Mays said...

AJ is a little stinker lately!

But keep calm and sew on! :)

Unknown said...

I know you are going to do a beautiful job!

And ouch about the chipped tooth!

Katlyn said...

I can't wait to see it - I started (and almost finished) the spastic rainbow scarf - and I am sending off my quilt today. I also got a fabulous idea for a pillow and I am trying to tell myself that I need to finish my in progress stuff before I start something new but you know me... I am crafting addicted lately! More more more! Who needs sleep???