Friday, November 27, 2009

Gratitude

I am thankful for a job that gave me the opportunity to be a part of AJ's Thanksgiving feast at school this week.

I am thankful for my feisty son and all the smiles he brings to me.

He introduced me to his teacher as Chance...not mom...Chance!
Really kid?!  How do you even know my first name?
It's mom...or momma...or mommy to you Mister.

He chose the Native American name "Leaping Zebra" for his feast.
imagine that...

(Later that night when I asked him what daddy's name was, he said Percy.)
What?!
On the turkey in his classroom most kids listed their family as what they were thankful for...
AJ said he was thankful for zebras.
nice...

I am thankful for headbands with bling and
a bald daughter to wear them.
I am thankful for great in-laws that gave me the assignment to make pies this year...
and a sister to call about a hundred times to help with the said pies...
and great neighbors to borrow foil from when making pies...
and that no one chipped a tooth on my ever so soft pie crusts...
(I call corn for Christmas.)
AND
I am thankful for a husband that got up to brave Target at 5am 
for my $3 coffeepot, $3 crock pot, & some creamer.

1 comments:

Jessaca said...

I'm thankful I have such a great blog to read, and a sister who is always witty, fun, and oh so funny. Keep the laugh (and pictures) coming. They get me through my days.