Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Posted by Chance at 10:01 PM
Saturday, March 27, 2010
Posted by Chance at 8:06 PM
Sunday, March 21, 2010
- If I do not know you personally, please leave your email address in your comments, so I have a way to contact you in the event that you win.
- Random.org will be used to select a totally unbiased winner.
- This giveaway will run until Saturday, March 27th at 9:oo AM MST.
- Become one of Another Ordinary Life's loyal followers...if you are already a follower, just leave a comment that says something to the effect of...I already adore her and am a follower...for 2 entries.
- Become one of my loyal followers...if you are already a follower, just leave a comment that says something to the effect of...I already adore you and am a follower...for 2 entries.
- Blog about the giveaway...for 2 entries.
- Visit my etsy shop & leave a comment telling me your favorite item...for 1 entry.
- Buy something from my shop...& I will love you forever AND you get 4 entries.
- Introduce me to a fun new blog via a comment...for 1 entry.
- Introduce me to a fun new etsy shop that features anything funky, vintage, country cottage, or shabby chic...for 1 entry.
Posted by Chance at 1:11 PM
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Posted by Chance at 2:58 PM
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
Here are some ideas for around the house we have fun with around here:
Number of the day or week:
Start the day with 4 pancakes
Search for the #4 in magazines or on signs as we drive places
Gather collections of 4 items (trains, cookies...etc)
Take turns rolling a die. Count the dots & do an exercise that number of times as you count. If you are really adventurous and your kiddo is ready challenge them by using two dice.
Number Tic-Tac-Toe/Bean Bag Toss
Draw a large tic-tac-toe gird on the sidewalk with sidewalk chalk for make a grid with yarn in your living room. Write a number in each square or put down a number card.
Take turns tossing bean bags and identifying numbers. Play tic-tac-toe using different color bean bags.
Fill a cookie sheet with sand...or uncooked rice...or shaving cream...or pudding..
.whatever fun substance you have on hand.
Call out numbers and have your kiddo write it with their fingers.
Use m & m's...or jelly beans...or skittles...
Pass out as many as you think your kiddo can handle. Count the candy aloud together. Sort by color. Count each color. Talk about how many more red ones there are than blue ones...etc.
Sunday, March 14, 2010
Posted by Chance at 3:46 PM
Saturday, March 6, 2010
Posted by Chance at 3:41 PM
Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Here are some quick games we have been playing lately...
I just make a letter out of some yarn on the floor & AJ makes the sound the letter makes as he tries to walk across the letter. I'm all about simple folks. Nothing too crazy fancy with a lot of prep work.
Like musical chairs, but with letters. Just right the alphabet on cards & cut them up. Place the letters on the floor in a circle. Fire up iTunes with some kid music. When the music stops, AJ must freeze in place & say the name of the letter & sound it makes for the letter he is standing on. Remove that letter & repeat.
Letter Hide & Go Seek:
I hide as many letters as I want. AJ goes & finds the letters. I make him say the name of the & the sound it makes when he brings it to me. I like this one because I can hide a bunch of letters & AJ is entertained while I can keep sewing...er...doing laundry.
Write out the alphabet all crazy around a page & AJ connects the letters in the correct order. Again a fairly independent activity...gotta love it!
Share your websites or preschool games and resources here! This week we are focusing on letters, sounds, & reading! Every week we try a new concept. Email me if you have an idea or something you are looking for more ideas about! Thanks friends!
Posted by Chance at 10:31 AM
Monday, March 1, 2010
Posted by Chance at 10:56 AM
Posted by Chance at 12:02 AM