Monday, June 30, 2008

I Traumatized AJ Today and totally unrelated... MY EGGO IS PREGGO!!!


So this morning started out innocently enough.  I got up at 6:00am and started cleaning house...made AJ some strawberry oatmeal...got him up and dressed.  At 8:00, we lasso Kallie and kennel her up and load Latte in the car for his grooming appointment.  AJ squeals with delight at the idea of a car ride...with the dog!  We get to the groomer and Latte heads right in the door as he doesn't recognize the building yet.  AJ tags along with his hot wheels.  We get Latte all checked in and turn to leave.  Then my momma world comes grinding to holt as AJ throws himself on the floor screaming, "MY DOGGIE! MINE!  I LOVE THAT DOG!"...in protest.  You see at the age of nearly two, he doesn't realize we are going to come back and get the dog...he just knows we got in the car with Latte and WE ARE LEAVING HIM SOMEWHERE!  


After I drag my kicking screaming toddler to the car...past a delivery driver, a window cleaner, and a room full of dog groomers...we head to Mimi's for breakfast.  I love Mimi's, and I love breakfast, but I REALLY love Mimi's breakfast.  Well, AJ is still pissed as all get out that I gave our dog away.  Before my friend even gets there he punctures the side of his cup and floods the booth with milk...I'm beginning to think "Why did I get out of bed this morning?"  I suffered through his cranky breakfast with a wet milk butt!  

AJ never completely calmed down until we had Latte back in our custody...at about 1:00 this afternoon!  Lesson learned:  Andy can take Latte to the groomer from now on.  

BEST PART OF TODAY:  seeing my new baby wiggle inside of me and watch the little heart beat!  That's right!  We are 9 weeks preggo!  (I figure my loyal blog readers should be privy to some special information first.)  As with Addison, I feel like crap every waking hour of the day, but after seeing our baby move...it puts it back into perspective...we are blessed to be parents again!  Just four more weeks of feeling like I am going to puke my guts out every second.  And no...I never actually puke to relieve the feeling...just feel like I'm on the verge of losing my stomach contents from the time I wake up till the time I go to sleep.  What we put ourselves through for kids!  

5 comments:

Jessaca said...

If Bloppy (that's what I'm calling him/her for now. It was either that or Mashed Potatoes.) is anything like AJ, he/she will be so cute! Can't wait to hold Blobby! Official congrats!

Katlyn said...

Bloppy or Blobby? Either way I am so excited for you!

Brenda L. Greenwald said...

Oh, congrats, Hastings! How fun - baby #2! I hope you are feeling better SOON, and then you can enjoy being pregnant! :o)

Jessaca said...

Blobby...like Bobby, only with an "l". Oh, and I have boy written all over this!

Allikaye's Mama said...

That was the cutest post! And I love Mimi's too! Yum! I also love your little bean baby pictures!