Sunday, June 29, 2008

A Summer Dinner on the Deck and A Trail of Sand






























Last night we enjoyed a summer dinner on the deck, complete with BBQ chicken, watermelon, corn on the cob boiled with sugar and slathered with Andy's special seasoned butter, and grape kool-aid!  It was delicious!  I love summer!  AJ had such a fun time eating these summertime backyard favorites...juice and butter running all down his face and overalls!  

I would have eaten his left overs, but somehow his food was heavily peppered with sand from his sandbox...yuck...sandy corn on the cob!  

AJ leaves a trail...sometimes piles of sand behind everywhere he goes in the summer.  Usually his shoes are atop a grand mound of sand in my living room floor, but I don't mind...I love the childhood innocence of abandoned sand.  It makes Andy and I smile as we sweep or vacuum it up.  At the age of two, AJ doesn't seem to mind it in his bed...on his food...in his diaper.  

I realized the other day after finishing my book that was set in Nantucket that the only sand between my toes this summer would come from AJ's sandbox and I'm perfectly content with that.     

2 comments:

Katlyn said...

I can't believe you already finished the book!!! Wow!

Jessaca said...

Oh, so fun! Yummy food! I didn't do one thing this weekend. Nothing. I can't say I've ever done that before. Oh, I take that back I did wash our Pampered Chef skillet. Other than that, I slept, slept, slept and watched the Jane Austen Book Club. And ate Jonathan's chicken parm. Yum.