Saturday, July 12, 2008

I'm Sick and Tired...and Tired of Being Sick

DISCLAIMER:  This is a very negative blog entry for me...please note that I am not usually a negative person...it is the pregnancy hormones talking.  I will be back to normal in...about 7 months...I need a month after the baby comes for my hormone levels to readjust.  

Being pregnant is not glamorous like imagined it would be when I used to look into the store windows at Motherhood and long to where maternity clothes.

I'm actually a rather miserable and worthless pregnant woman.  Early on with all my pregnancies I can't stay awake for longer than five hours at a time, and I have an extreme case of morning sickness 24/7.  I have tried really hard not to be the hormonal lunatic my close friends and best sis reported I was when I was pregnant with AJ...but my body sucks at being pregnant!  Somedays I wonder...was my body really designed to do this?...then why do I feel like hell?

Luckily I did get through my parent orientation this last Monday without farting, burping, or puking, but I just never know when this pregnant body is going to forsake me.  It must not have been like this for my mother...she had 8 kids!  8 kids!  Two kids...that's it for us...I can't handle being pregnant again.  It is the longest 12 weeks of my life.  

The part I looked forward to the most...the "cute" maternity clothes part...usually turns into a source of anguish and tears as my boobs aren't as big as most pregnant women so the shirts fit funny, even my thighs and arms get huge...my belly sticks out, but my legs are too short for most maternity capris or slacks...and I just gave up on maternity dresses...I look as big as a house.  Who wears that stuff?  Everything just looks frumpy  on me.  I spend the day pulling up my pants and down my shirt...hoping that people realize I'm pregnant...not just oddly fat and cranky for no apparent reason.  And the clothes thing doesn't end with pregnancy because even after AJ came...I still had a pregnant shaped body for months.  Men really have it easy.  

On top of feeling tired...pukey...bloated...I now have a cold.  That's right...my throat feels like someone took a cheese grater to it...I have blown (literally) blown through a box of kleenex today...my head feels like it is going to explode...and my sinuses feel like a a lawn mower went through them.  

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired...

1 comments:

Jessaca said...

Aww. Let's all feel sad for preggo. It'll be over soon enough, and I'm sure that "2 kids is all for us" will be your famous last words. Plus, you make cute kids, and you're a very cute pregnant person. Now, if only I could quit having sympathy vomiting for you! I puked up my Subway yesterday, and spent the rest of the day in bed. I'd like to think I'm getting a baby out of all this, but nope!