Monday, August 9, 2010

The Grand Finale

Goodbye late mornings in our PJ's.
Goodbye late nights snuggled in bed with my Nook.
Goodbye sunscreened days on the deck.
Goodbye Friday lunches with daddy.

(I will miss all of you dearly.)

BUT
before it was all over...
we squeezed in one last good sunshiney day at the park!

Complete with...
refreshing, cold water rushing through our flip flops...
slippery adventures under our sun hats...
a rockin' train ride...
a yummy picnic with daddy and good friends...
petting fuzzy farm animals...
and sharing...
a fabulous tart lime popsicle!
A rad way to celebrate our summer time together!

and now...

back to reality...

Hello 5:00am.
(I really do. not. like you. )

Hello insane marathon to get out the door in the morning with 2 moody children.
(can't say I missed you)

Hello I-25.
(truth be known, you are this chick's favorite part of the morning)

Hello adult friends.
(my sanity needs you)

Hello routines and schedules.
(AJ needs you back.)

& Thank you drive-thru Starbucks for making this re-entry in the real world possible.

4 comments:

Jessaca said...

Breaks my heart a little to know I won't get my phone calls every day now. That should be on the list. Goodbye time I take to talk to my best friend everday.

I want to pet some animals! I love sheep and goats! My dreams some day is to own some goats out in the country. And maybe a sheep and a cow. We'll see.

Jade Staab, jadestaabnails@hotmail.com said...

Have a great school year!!

Unknown said...

Awww! I hope your new school year is just as fabulous as your summer was.

I loved this post! And that park looks fabulous.

xo

Kristin Hayne said...

AMEN!!! You forgot:
HELLO new kiddoes at school (MY kiddo will miss you!!)