Wednesday, July 21, 2010

How AJ Rolls

Last October we won a movie basket from my school's Fall Carnival.
Little did we know the impact the said basket would have on our lives all these months later.

Super excited for family movie night, we popped the popcorn, tore open the Whoppers, and threw in our new Scooby Doo movie.

Andy did mention that Scooby Doo might be a little scary for our 3 year old at the time.
Did I listen?

For months the first thing AJ would say to e.v.e.r.y. single person he saw,
"I'm sad. Mom showed me a scary Scooby Doo movie. I'm scared."

Great child. Tell the whole world.
Just say your dad showed it to you next time.

Anyway, sometime during this phase in his life he got the idea in his little stubborn head that
although he was scarred for life and Scooby Doo scared the crap out of him,
he wanted a Scooby Doo birthday party.

Really?

Whatever...
surely 9 months later
when his birthday actually came around he would forget all about Scooby Doo.

Or not...

like his mother,
once a seed is planted in his brain he must grow it into a reality.
There is no going back.

Call it hard headed...
Call it stubborn...
I like to call it determination.

The child did not even watch the movie ever again or the cartoon for that matter.
But here we are 9 months later...
having a Scooby Doo birthday party for my now 4 year old.

















Happy Birthday Little Dude.

3 comments:

Brenda L. Greenwald said...

Ok, seriously - the Scooby Doo outfits are awesome! Your kids are going to look back at all the cool things you've made them and just be in AWE! That AJ cracks me up!

Katlyn said...

Those pictures are so cute! Looks like he had fun!

mandysmusings said...

Ha ha, of course AJ gets his own custom scooby doo birthday shirt. Love it! Cake was super cute. And I think kids deep down like the things they're scared of. I know I did.