Wednesday, May 5, 2010

On Deck With A Doubleheader

Or something like that...
I don't really speak baseball.

My Schedule of Events...or Batting Order...or Line-Up...or Run Down:
(I'll stop...I really have no idea what I am talking about)

Basically, I am making baseball curtains followed by pennant banners.
(just pretend that this stinkin' cute fabric is already ironed in these pictures.)

I have to tell ya, I felt so official and sophisticated buying such fancy blackout lining that it was cut on the fancy electric cutting table at JoAnn's
&
then carrying out a huge roll of it on the cardboard tube sent my seamstress head into an exponential growth spurt....

Until my machine had a tantrum about it, sending a splintering needle flying at my face.
The girl was totally belligerent. I mean out. right. defiant.
Until I whipped out good ol' reliable Betty.

Take that you sophisticated blackout lining.

Play ball!
(sorry...no more lingo)

2 comments:

lil' mama said...

You talk seamstress, I'll talk baseball (or at least try!). I love it! Can't wait:)

Jessaca said...

What a home run! Um, yeah, I don't think the baseball lingo works for me either. Good job Betty. Get 'er done!