Saturday, July 26, 2014

Family Reunion 2014

11 hours in the car one way

7 brothers and sisters reunited

15 grand kids

43 peeps altogether

8 days

4 cabins and one lake house

Countless crazy memories

#Missouri

#backtomyredneckroots

#lakeoftheozarks

We spent many hours on the lake...

Lots of time playing with cousins...

Many jet ski and boat rides...

We toured a cave.

It was stunning, and much to Abby's relief didn't have any bears.

Feeding a group this size three times a day is quite a feat. But we had grand meals every day. The shrimp and crab boil night was one of my fave. Having Cornerstone, my all time fave subs ever, was a fave too.
To say the kids loved fishing would be an understatement.

AJ enjoyed the challenge and peacefulness of it.

Abby enjoyed everything gross about it.

And Brody just didn't want to miss out on anything.

3 of us sisters out of the 5 got sorella tattoos.

My absolute favorite part of the trip.

And I got a little anchor to represent my fave bible verse.
We have this hope, as an anchor for the soul. Firm and secure.
-Hebrews 6:19

There was soooo much more that isn't captured in this post, but will forever be in our hearts. My siblings impress and amaze me everyday. In how they love and give and remain strong. I am honored to be apart of such a solid, loyal group of people everyday.

 

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a wonderful time! So glad you had such a big time!