Friday, April 25, 2014

Insta-Friday

Hello Friends! This week flew by.

Last Friday we got all decked out in our red, white, and blue for AJ's 1st grade patriotic program!

It was super cute. We could definitely tell a lot of hard work went into it.

AJ was crazy excited for this day to come.

He learned 7 songs, lines for his speaking part, made a Liberty Bell, Washington a Monument and Statue of Liberty, and wrote a book about United States symbols!

So proud of his boy!

After the program we helped daddy pick out a shirt for Easter and hit Happy Hour! Love me some Sonic.

After happy hour we rushed to the neighborhood Easter egg hunt! So fun every year. Brody was the only one I could keep up with this year...

Love this pic by Sharon Arnoldi.

Saturday we ventured to AJ's soccer game.

Then I got my hair done.

I went for a no maintainance summer do.

Then I panicked afterward.

I always do this...get impatient....cut my hair...regret cutting it...say I'll never cut it again...get impatient....cut my hair...regret cutting it...say I'll never cut it again...

When I was looking for ideas of what the kids could give up for Lent I came across the idea of giving up wearing make-up for Lent and thought oh I could never do that.

But as soon as that thought entered my mind I had to prove to myself that I could.

It was a humbling 46 days. It was a new challenge with every new place and set of beautiful people I knew I would see....or set of beautiful people that would see me without make-up.

I have blonde eye lashes and look like I'm either 12 years old...or really hagered without eyeliner and mascara. I haven't gone a day without make-up since I was 14 years old. This was huge for me.

It was an interesting experience to put my raw self out there.

It was actually very liberating and refreshing to know nothing changes if I don't wear make-up.

People still see me for me.

Love the lamb shaped butter every Easter...

And the lamb coconut cake.

Don't love the fam getting blindsided with a tummy bug.

Yuck. Yuck. Yuck.

Do love neighbors bringing yummy chicken noodle soup with magical healing powers.

AJ had assessment day this week, and we visited the book fair.
Loved the book fair as a kid. Love the book fair as an adult.
Ab picked out Barbie books.
Brody picked out a Planes book and a Turbo book.

AJ picked out two Diary of a Wimpy Kid books.

And hasn't put them down since he got them.

Love to see the world around him melt away as he falls into reading.

Have a great weekend!

We have a full weekend planned.

Soccer...tea parties...birthday parties...bible study...church concert...

No rest for the wicked as my mom used to say.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha! Great post!!
Your no makeup for 40 days was impressive. That would be tough!!
Enjoy your weekend!!
Kandace

The Guess Family said...

Hilton Head, South Carolina is my absolute favorite place in the country. We have made so many precious family memories there these last few summers. You won't be far. Enjoy your trip!!! :)