Sunday, November 9, 2008

Daddy's Work, A Growing Belly, A Long Distance Sis, & Signs of the Season





At week 27, I am starting to require help getting from the sitting position to standing up, rolling over in bed is starting to become a chore that requires serious thought before launching into maneuvering over, and I pee incessantly...ahhh...only 12 more weeks to go.  


AJ joyfully yelled, "airplane" as we pulled into the airport to have a quick breakfast with a sis I hadn't seen in over a year.  She had a brief layover at DIA, so we hopped in the car for some quick hugs and pictures!  From there, we spent a couple hours at daddy's work entertaining ourselves with highlighters, bubble wrap, boxes and packing peanuts.  Forget going to Toys R Us for Christmas this year, I'm doing AJ's shopping at daddy's work!  And finally, to kick off my holiday cheer, I put together a couple free make and takes at Archivers with friends!  I cannot wait to get started feathering my nest for Christmas this year!  Here are a few of my favorite signs Christmas is on its way: 
1.  When King Soopers starts stocking their shelves with Christmas Tree Little Debbie cakes!...I just love the crunch of the green sugar crystals!  
2.  When Starbucks starts using their holiday cups!  The first sight of these red decorated cups makes my heart leap for joy!  There is just something so festive about drinking a hot drink out of a red cup adorned in snowflakes and reindeer!  
3.  Hearing Christmas music on the radio...still eagerly anticipating this one

and in other news:  I am off track and have an action packed three weeks planned!  
I plan to:
1.  Read twilight by Stephanie Meyer by the 21st so I can see the movie
2.  Visit family in Missouri for some early Thanksgiving feasting
3.  Help my daycare provider out a few afternoons
4.  Officially start...and completely finish Abby's nursery
5.  Celebrate Thanksgiving with Andy's family
6.  Start a staff development class
7.  Decorate for Christmas (I think we will only decorate 3 trees instead of my initial thought of 4 this year...our traditional rustic/country themed real one, AJ's tree, and Abby's tree...we may not do our childhood ornaments one that usually goes in the den)
8.  Transform the den into our guest bedroom as Abby will be taking over our old one
9.  Move the den and little dude's playroom down to the basement
10.  Finish our Christmas shopping
11.  Start potty training
...and I think that is it....whew!  

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Christmas, too! Go to WalMart, they are already playing Christmas music.

P.S. - Thanks for the Christmas tree treat on my desk. Can't wait to experience the green sugar crystal crunch!!!!

Jessaca said...

Oh, don't wish you were me? Two radio stations have been playing Christmas for over a week now! Course, I'm not quite in the holiday spirit just yet. The picture of you and Melissa is so adorable. Can't wait to see you. Can't believe I wasn't on that list...sure family, but your best friend?! Just kidding. I can't wait to give you your surprises from Hermann and AJ his Christmas DVD! Maybe you can read Twilight on the trip?