Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Posted by Chance at 6:47 AM
Sunday, June 28, 2009
Posted by Chance at 4:10 PM
Friday, June 26, 2009
Something I have learned about AJ
If there are two snacks and you really want snack B, use this strategy:
Offer AJ snack A (To which he will refuse it)
Offer AJ snack B (To which he will refuse it & grab snack A instead)
This works 9 times out of ten…
The part where it gets tricky is…
probably 7 times out of ten…he will finish snack A and then demand snack B…hopefully you haven’t eaten your desired snack B those 7 times…or you better have a very appealing snack C…
Posted by Chance at 3:19 PM
Thursday, June 25, 2009
5:28 AJ rolls over and requests, “milk please?” Everything is foggy…his voice is slightly muffled…I must be dreaming…it can’t be morning yet.
5:29 AJ pokes me in the ear and kicks me in the side screaming, “MILK PA--LEA--SE!” Okay, this is not a dream…he is really waking me up at 5:30 in the morning on one of my very few days of “summer break”.
I try to convince AJ to watch TV so I can sleep some more…I mean Abby isn’t even up yet…
5:38 Fumble out of bed very groggy, attempting to shake myself awake enough to walk safely down the stairs and get AJ a damn…I mean…a nice, cold glass of milk.
Why won’t my left eye open up…is revolting against getting up…no use of my left eye lid?...This can’t be good.
5:45 Admit defeat and realize AJ really is up for the long hull…try to find clothes that look clean enough to wear...
5:47-5:57 Fight with AJ about going potty IN THE POTTY. Give up without success…return to the kitchen.
5:58 AJ decides on his own that he needs to potty and pees in the potty! What?! Does it really matter if I ask him or if he thinks it is his idea. (and yes I gave my child candy at 5:58am for using the potty)
6:00 Greet Abby with a warm bottle
6:02 AJ bursts into Abby’s room, startling her half to death, demanding a bowl of cereal…why didn’t I just make a bowl of cereal when I got his milk?...Mommy is not firing on all cylinders today. This could be a long day…
6:15 Try to convince AJ that hanging off the side of the glider and yelling about going to the park is not helping Abby focus on drinking her bottle and we cannot leave until she is finished eating. AJ hides under Abby's crib.
6:25 Abby finishes bottle, gets new diaper, and dressed for the day.
6:26 AJ resurfaces from under the crib, grins and says, “park please.” (I was kind-a hoping he would forget about the that.)
6:28 Surrender and get AJ dressed for the park. He doesn’t even fight the sun block. Load Abby into the stroller…grab a cold Dr. Pepper…because I feel I deserve it at this point.
6:48 Attempt to convince AJ that his bike helmet is not a hat and that he doesn’t really need to wear it to the park. Pull out of the garage to head to the park…with AJ wearing the bike helmet...
6:55 Arrive at the park, console AJ about the fact that no other children are at the park YET and it is okay to play by himself. Take pictures and email to dad and Aunt Jess.
7:12 Head to the bigger park…hoping to find kids for AJ to play with. Pass several joggers, dog walkers, and bikers wearing Body Bugs on their arms as I drink my Dr. Pepper and attempt to steer the stroller one-handed.
7:22 Arrive at big park…no kids... AJ plays.
7:25 AJ has that look on his face. Mommy asks AJ if he needs to potty. AJ says no…and proceeds to poop and pee in his pants.
How do stay at home moms do this?
7:26 I inform AJ that we have to go home now and clean up after his accident. AJ requests to be carried….right…AJ gets mad at mommy for not carrying him and starts making a lovely whining sound...similar to how whales communicate as he baby steps down the sidewalk in a bow legged kind-of “I have a load in my pants waddle”. I just smile and nod at passing joggers.
8:04 Finally arrive home…after a painfully long journey to get there.
8:05 Get Abby squared away in her swing, give AJ a bath. Get AJ dressed for the second time today.
8:30 Attempt to fold laundry.
8:33 Abby is crying…AJ playing in sand box. Snuggle love Abby and get her a fresh diaper.
8:55 Attempt to fold laundry again.
9:00 Go back down stairs to discover Kallie eating the rest of AJ’s cereal...and that AJ has decided to move his sand box into the dining room floor by cup loads. Start straightening up the kitchen…carefully selecting tasks that AJ will not undo in seconds flat.
9:30 Throw a load in the washer. The following conversation unfolds,
Me: AJ get off of Kallie, we do not ride Kallie like a horse.
Me: Because Kallie is a dog and doesn’t like to have you sit on her.
AJ: Kallie tired, close eyes
Me: AJ stop laying on top of Kallie and do not poke her in the eyes. She is not fond of your game.
Me: (no response...)
Oh dear God, is it ever going to be 11:00?
9:45 AJ returns to his sandbox (he pretty much lives in there during the summer) and I check my email.
10:00 I turn on the curling iron to start getting ready to go to lunch with daddy.
10:03 Remember I need to feed Abby…unplug curling iron and make a bottle.
10:07 Tell AJ to stop flicking Kallie in the ear. Sit on couch to feed Abby.
10:08 Wonder why there is dog kibble in my couch…
10:28 Abby finishes bottle.
10:30 Give Abby a bath.
10:45 Change kids to go to lunch.
10:52 Change my clothes to go to lunch, run a brush through my hair…
10:59 Grab the diaper bag…darn near biff it slipping on sand in dining room floor…
11:02 Pull out of the garage.
And that was only half of my day…
Posted by Chance at 2:37 PM
Sunday, June 21, 2009
Posted by Chance at 8:41 PM
Sunday, June 14, 2009
Posted by Chance at 8:57 AM
Saturday, June 13, 2009
Posted by Chance at 7:08 PM
Saturday, June 6, 2009
Posted by Chance at 8:23 PM
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I turned 29 on Tuesday & in honor of my birthday I am going to gift you with 29 random but oh so truthful things about me. Enjoy! & I promise rice cereal pictures are to come...one day...
- The preferred volume level on my car radio is 32…and that is only because it won’t go any louder…I like it when you can see the windows vibrate.
- I eat all of one kind of food on my plate before I start another…for example I eat all of my green beans, then move on to eat all of my rice, then move on to eat all of my chicken…
- As a child I was deathly afraid of cats…to tell the truth…they still kind-a creep me out…a little.
- My favorite number is 4…seriously.
- If you haven’t noticed yet, my favorite form of punctuation is the ellipsis…
- I have an addiction to Dr. Pepper…& blogging.
- I pick my cars out based on appearance, but the deal breaker is the cup holders.
- If I were filthy rich, I would own a car to fit different moods. A black Hummer for when I felt cranky & aggressive, a cream convertible Bug for when I felt whimsical, a solar yellow Extera for when I felt young…
- I can’t sleep in socks unless I’m suffering from hypothermia.
- I laugh when people fall down…no matter how inappropriate it is…I just can’t help myself.
- I love the smell of suntan lotion.
- I can’t watch a movie or read a book more than once.
- Ear wax really freaks me out…I once broke up with a boyfriend in high school purely because he had ear wax…I shutter just thinking about it…gross.
- I’m a Mac & Andy’s a PC, but I love him regardless.
- I always have to fold the tag on the inside of the washcloth, towel, or dishtowel…always.
- People that only drive the speed limit annoy me…sorry…but it is true.
- I don’t know my own cell phone number…
- I absolutely loathe the phrases “all in all” and “what not”…in fact in my mind your intelligence level goes down a notch when you use such gut wrenching language.
- I appreciate when people can make fun of themselves.
- Smiley faces instantly agitate me…not sure what that is rooted from…
- I like to dance when no one is looking…
- I love the smell of watermelon bubble gum, but not so much the taste.
- If I didn’t have to work, I would still work at least part time as the drive thru lady at Starbucks.
- I think President Obama is good looking.
- I hate to put gas in my car…dust…and iron.
- My favorite subject to teach is writing.
- I live for telling a good story.
- I can’t watch TV with any lights on or go to the movies during the daytime.
- I hate the new car smell. (& to this my sister said she didn’t know if we could be friends anymore…)
Posted by Chance at 7:41 PM
Monday, June 1, 2009
Posted by Chance at 7:11 PM