What a day! It started out creating these adorable candle holders at one of my Craft Days hosted by Kate(I am now addicted to beading and glass etching...how many hobbies can a girl have?)...followed by a trip to a frame store & Michaels & DQ(for the birthday ice cream cake...yum!)...and ended with a fabulous birthday party! I am both exhausted and spoiled rotten!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Posted by Chance at 9:02 PM
Posted by Chance at 7:49 AM
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Posted by Chance at 7:25 PM
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Posted by Chance at 8:09 PM
Friday, May 23, 2008
If you have never watched NCIS, you are missing out. I don't watch much TV, but this is one I cannot pass up. It is a show that follows a fictional team of Naval Criminal Investigative Service Major Case Response Team (NCIS MCRT) special agents.
Posted by Chance at 4:03 PM
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Posted by Chance at 12:41 PM
Posted by Chance at 8:59 AM
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Today turned out to be a very laid back, productive day. AJ, Sock Monkey (AJ's new partner in crime) and I met Kate for lunch at Panera. I had their Strawberry Poppyseed salad...amazing! I really felt like a stay at home mom this week meeting AJ's friends at the park for play dates and meeting Kate for a nice lunch in the middle of the week. From Panera we ventured to Babies R Us where AJ took possession of the coolest toddler invention ever! It is pictured here. It will save many tears as it blocks the soap and water from his face during bathtime. Someone is a genius!
Posted by Chance at 2:27 PM
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Today has been a fun filled day of playing at a mega park with AJ's daycare buddies and preparing for dad's big arrival home. Andy only travels once a year for work and AJ and I HATE every second of it! He has been gone for eternity...well...or just 6 days.
Posted by Chance at 3:52 PM
Posted by Chance at 3:33 PM
Monday, May 19, 2008
I got up early, cleaned house, made a grocery list, went to the grocery store, went to a craft store, bought AJ his entire spring and summer wardrobe for only $40 and made lemon cookies today...all with AJ on my hip. He is plum tuckered out.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Stir cake mix, eggs, oil, and lemon extract until well blended.
- Roll dough into small balls, roll in confectioners' sugar until lightly covered.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet 6 to 9 minutes. The bottoms will be light brown and the inside chewy. (unless you overbake everything like me...ha!)
- Cut jalapenos in half lengthwise; remove seeds and membranes. (Don't touch your eyes)
- In a large saucepan, boil peppers in water for 5-10 minutes(longer time=more mild).
- Drain and rinse in cold water.
- Beat cream cheese, cheddar cheese, & Worcestershire sauce. Spoon into peppers; sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake at 4oo degrees for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Cut chicken into bite size pieces and saute in oil for 5 minutes
- Add garlic and cumin, mix well.
- Add broth, corn, onion, chili powder, and salsa.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Serve with optional ingredients.
Posted by Chance at 8:26 PM
Sunday, May 18, 2008
Posted by Chance at 2:19 PM
Posted by Chance at 10:43 AM
Saturday, May 17, 2008
- Server at Perkins (They have the best potato pancakes and peanut butter cup pie! mmm, yum, yum as AJ would say)
- Cashier at Nell Hills (and my house looks great because of it! but did I really need that many wreaths?)
- 7th grade Special Education teacher (no comment)
- 2nd grade teacher ( My passion for learning and creativity combined with adorable kids that love school and their amazing teacher...I have my dream job!)
- Dirty Dancing (now that is a classic...one I should own on DVD on day...I could actually justify buying that one)
- A Beautiful Mind (to me this was a true love story)
- Elf (I watch this one every Christmas for the Christmas tree scene alone..."I got it!" CRASH! I crack up just thinking about it. It gets me every time.)
- Baby Einstein: Baby MacDonald: A Day On The Farm (I see this one multiple times a week, sometimes a day...)
- Law & Order (preferably SVU, but I'll take what I can get)
- NCIS (this is a new addiction...not too different from Law & Order...I am not sure what these shows say about me...)
- What Not To Wear (Clinton is hot...possibly gay...but still hot!)
- Does checking the Weather Channel for the forecast count? (I'm lame, I know...I would much rather surf the net than watch TV...maybe I'll add that one...4 sites you waste time looking at...)
- I just returned from visiting Kansas & Missouri
- The Cayman Islands
- Dr. Pepper
- Cranberry Juice (my newest addiction...tart & tangy & thirst quenching all at once!)
- Chai Lattes from Starbucks with Whole milk iced or hot
- Orange Kool Aid
- At the top of my bucket list: take an Alaskan cruise (I almost requested this as my honeymoon destination and went tropical at the last minute)
- The Grand Canyon
- Florida (I've been reading about some great family resorts...and this one is a bit more realistic than Ireland with a toddler.)
- Watching AJ grow. He absolutely amazes me every second of every day.
- Spending more time at home with Andy & AJ. This last year was too hectic & out of balance for me with a new job. I love my job, but I love my family more.
- Thanksgiving in Missouri (My heart is set on having a big Thanksgiving with my fam...even if we have to get creative and do something like have it the weekend before Thanksgiving to accommodate everyone, I think we need to all get together & make merry)
- Teaching 2nd grade & this time knowing what I am doing.
Posted by Chance at 8:29 PM
So, as I hold a bandage around my left index finger because the two band-aids I have on it just aren't cutting it (ha-cutting it!) and type solely with my right hand I wonder why I have such a hard time cutting food without cutting myself.
Posted by Chance at 8:08 AM
Friday, May 16, 2008
Posted by Chance at 2:42 PM